Friday, September 24, 2004

The Morning Report

Okay. I'm sitting in my apt. with some friends at 2 AM now. The 3 women are discussing health care. The other guy is looking very.. unenthusiastic. Me? I'm typing this because I'm trying to stay awake so I can drink more water and sober up to be at work by 9:30 tomorrow this morning.

Unfortunately, a friend's car was towed and so we ended up at my unclean apt. (It was not ready to receive visitors yet.) And one of the three women, one of the two sitting on the couch - yeah, the "ex." ::Sigh:: What do you do?

I'm tired. I'm ready to collapse. But I don't have the heart to point out that it's 2:02 AM and I'm to be at work tomorrow on 3-4 hours of sleep. So I drink more water.

Btw, we've gone through one Guster album and we're now working on the latest Avril Lavigne album.

And the girl standing behind me right now, the former neighbor of the "ex," has just informed me that she was the one (along with her boyfriend) who did the "uconn law student" searches. And thus found this blog. Guess the gig is up.

ADDENDUM: Btw, I'm drunk. Somewhat. [2:19 AM]

ADDENDUM II: Btw, neighbor's boyfriend - yeah, neighbor won't be home by 12:30 AM in case that wasn't apparent. [2:22 AM]

ADDENDUM III: Now we're into politics. Good lord. That's good for at least another hour. ::Sigh:: [2:27 AM]

ADDENDUM IV: I just heard the words "gynecologist's appointment." As a guy, I feel I can unilaterally say that this is not good. [2:40 AM]

ADDENDUM V: The party ended at about 2:45 AM. Thank you goes out to the "ex" for inciting the exodus which, incidentally, was effected by me and my car. At least I can now get in my 4.5 hours of sleep before work. Yay. [3:01 AM]

ADDENDUM VI: I managed to get about 4.5 hours sleep and make it to work on time. No hangover to speak of due to my consumption of numerous glasses of water in the wee hours of the morning. I am, however, extremely tired and a bit out of it. ::Yawn:: Excuse me! I'll likely catch a cat-nap this afternoon. [11:47 AM]