Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Conglomeration of Nonsense

Hmmm... that could make a pretty decent album title. Almost. Conglomeration would need a synonym instead, like assembly or assortment.

A whole mess of things today! Randomness now arriving at Gate 42A in the concourse.

Viper Comics. I need to add a link to them.

Scott Adams has a nice commentary on his (irrational) fear of Tipping (as in tipping a limo driver tipping). Summary:
I watch the husband and after some hesitation, he coughs up a few bucks. The driver thanks him and heads quickly back to get in the van. NOW I HAVE TO TIP HIM, AND FAST, BEFORE HE MAKES HIS GETAWAY! But a pile of luggage and four bell hops are in the way. I hop over the smallest bag, elbow a bell hop and yell to the driver. He turns with a “fight or flight” look on his face, expecting the worst. I thrust five bucks at him and said something that may or may not have been “Take my frickin’ money! Make my guilt and ambiguity go away! Buy another kite, you magnificently interesting bastard!” Or it might have been “Thank you.”
Tipping madness!!!

Need to add two quotes to the Random Quotes page:

"Sometimes all you want from life is a cup of coffee and to hold the hand of a certain special someone." -- Hugh MacLeod, gapingvoid

"It amazes me, the will of instinct." -- Nirvana, "Polly"

I don't feel like doing it right this instant and so it serves as additional clutter for this post.

Lastly, an incomplete list of songs whose lyrics I like:
"I Don't Sleep, I Dream" by R.E.M.
"Strange Currencies" by R.E.M.
"Do You Love?" by Natalie Imbruglia
"Larger Than Life" by The Backstreet Boys
"Tonight, Tonight" by Smashing Pumpkins
"The Sweetest Thing" by U2
"Center of Attention" by Guster
"So Long" by Guster
"Bleed Like Me" by Garbage
Why did I list those? No specific purpose. If you have a minute, take a look at one or more of them. It can be fun to read/learn the lyrics behind nice songs.