Wednesday, November 15, 2006

'Cause This Is How I Roll

How do you roll? Me, downhill if given the choice.

I'll be attending a CT IP Law Assoc. (CIPLA) meeting tonight in New Haven. I shall wine and dine with other IP professionals, wining & dining, dining & wining, until we have wined, dined, supped and snacked. Realistically, we'll have dinner while listening to someone (presumptively) interesting. I am ecstatic. In non-sarcastic terms, I actually am looking forward to this thing. Chances are I'll see one or more old coworkers from my previous IP job.

"If the price matters, you're not a true gamer." -- User Friendly (11/15/06)

Delicious Monster: Catalog, browse, and share all your books, movies, music, and video games with Delicious Library. (Although it looks like it may be a Mac-only product. Haven't really looked at it yet.)

Foxtrot (11/15/06)

xkcd (11/15/06)

"Depriving the American public of my talent is letting the terrorists win." -- Get Fuzzy (11/15/06)

I will require a mindless drone to do my chores and free up my genius. -- Get Fuzzy (11/15/06)

"Fire in the poop hole!" -- Ugly Hill (11/15/06)

As read on Lowering the Bar (and elsewhere), O.J. is going to explain how he hypothetically would have murdered his ex-wife and Ron Goldman. *sigh* I couldn't make up shit like that if I tried.

Sohmer over at LICD briefly contemplates the one thing he fears. Without making an entire blog post about it, I think the one thing I fear is not finding my place in the world, not finding somewhere I "belong", where I should be. 'Cause right now, it's not here and I don't know where it is.

Scott Adams suggested his readers take time to reflect on their own small pleasures. I would love to take more time and respond to such a suggestion, as with a medium-size list of my own, for example, but, alas, I have not the time to engage in such activity right now. In the stead, I'll provide only a few off the top of my head:

I enjoy sitting with my dogs.

I like to read something I enjoy, such as a good graphic novel or an engaging novel.

I absolutely love to play tennis.

I like figuring things out and understanding things.

I enjoy traveling, though, so far, my favorite company for traveling is myself.

I thoroughly enjoy taking the time to sit at a coffee/tea bar and, while sipping a hot/cold beverage of choice, watching the world.