Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Bush v. Kerry, Take 2

Am I the only one who finds this thing to be ridiculous? And am I the only one who actually understood what Kerry was saying?

What Kerry said:
You know, education -- if you make the most of it, you study hard and you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq.
What I think he was trying to say:
Do well in school, stick with it. If you don't, you may have to join the military and get sent to Iraq. A good number of our soldiers are in the military, and thus in Iraq, because they need the money it pays. If you don't need the money, you can stay out of this mess.
Excuse me Mr. President, but Kerry was not insulting our troops or suggesting "that the men and women of our military are somehow uneducated." And you going on the attack against Kerry is only going to help remind everyone of your own pitiful service record, primarily because Kerry actually served and you never showed up. Add in the general resentment of the Iraq war and the dislike of your work so far (and, by extension, general dislike for the Republicans). Next time you throw stones, you might want to make sure you don't live in a glass house.

This thing just pisses me off. I try to stay away from politics here, mostly because I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject and I still have strong feelings on it, but this got my goat. AND I'M DAMN WELL GETTING THAT GOAT BACK! (err... or something...)