Tuesday, August 17, 2004

TBA

I've got some updates in mind for the blog when I get around to them. So be on the lookout for the following and try not to act too surprised:
  1. A better commenting system. Not that I'm ungrateful or anything but I much prefer the Haloscan system. Easier, less involved to post, more fun, etc.

  2. A different color scheme. Because shades of orange, yellow and brown that remind me of carpet samples and stains thereon just don't do it for me.

  3. A site counter (or multiples thereof). Then I can perform some government-like operations and see where y'all (if y'all) are. I may also see if anyone found this by a mis-worded search. Possibly resulting in scary outcomes but I can be adventurous.

  4. A recent comments section for the link bar. As it is now, I have no way to see if anyone has left any new comments. Wish I did.
That's all I have for the moment. If you have any recommendations, by all means please e-mail me or leave a comment. I'm pretty open to moderately reasonable (as defined by yours truly) suggestions. Cheers!

P.S. I updated the links bar. Moved a few around and added a few.

UPDATE: Well, after playing around with things while half-watching "Nip/Tuck" and not-watching "Rescue Me," the site is now switched to Haloscan for commenting. Unfortunately, this means the old comments are relatively lost. Fortunately, there was a sum total of 3 comments to date so I don't feel too bad about it. (Apologies to the 2 commentors whose posts have been lost!) Unfortunately, I learned that creating a "Recent Comments" section with Haloscan may be either quasi-impossible, extremely difficult or very-mildly difficult. I have yet to come across a solution I like and, hence, this will probably be the last item tackled.

UPDATE PART II: I've also finally completed my registration with Technorati and can now see which other blogs have linked to me. Many thanks to you brave souls! Next up: The site's color scheme &/or the site meters. But now it's time for bed. (11:55 PM, not 8:08 PM, it is.)