Tuesday, August 31, 2004

New G-Mail Address!

With ever so many thanks to Soupie, I have a new e-mail address at which you can contact me: AgtShadow [at] gmail [dot] com

Since I'm putting off bed for a few minutes more, a little background (briefly) about my e-mail name choice. A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... Back when I was in high school, I was really into the whole AOL chat room thing. (This was back before my online gaming obsession.) As the story often goes, I met a girl. In a chat room. As it happens, we were quite taken with one another. And this occurred during Spring break, in March, so I had tons of time to spend talking with her. Her screenname was AgtXXXXXX (where XXXXXX == a well-known Sci Fi female character name). She convinced me to abandon my FIRSTNAMELASTNAME screenname and create a new one, AgtShadow. It was undertaken in similarity to hers. (I still have both AOL e-mail addresses, btw.)

Hence my gmail choice.

As for the girl, well, despite our similarities and growing passion for one another, it didn't survive the scan test. I.e. The test where I scan in a photo of myself the first day back at school for her to look at so she can see what I look like. Needless to say, she didn't like the fact that I wear glasses. As Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. so eloquently put it: "So it goes."