Tuesday, August 31, 2004

So this guy walks into a bar...

Often, maybe even too often, I end up posting links to other blogs or stories not only as interesting things you may wish to check out but primarily as reminders for myself. Maybe I should standardize the whole thing so I'm not forced (a) to keep coming up with quasi-relevant (or irrelevant) titles for these aggregating posts; (b) errr.. well, really it's that (a) thing but also so you, the reader, may have a subtle clue from the post title as to what the post contains. With titles like the one for this post, there's really no way anyone, including myself, can hope to predict what I'll be writing about. Plus, I could then pull this classification of posts together into another master list. That way if you're ever really, REALLY bored and looking for some Random Bits of Oddity & Interest, you can find some rather easily. Hmmm.. Something to consider...

Enough of the stream of consciousness brainstorming! (For now.)

A Slashdot Post led me to a Wired article entitled "The Giants of Anime are Coming."

I dig anime so I'll peruse that article later today. My all-time favorites, and I highly recommend them, are the Samurai X OVA's (aka OAV's) entitled Trust & Betrayal. There's a director's cut, Reflections, that has the whole thing. Beautiful animation coupled with a compelling romance story and some good 'ole ninja fighting. Doesn't get much better than that! Mind you I also have a soft place in my heart for what I call "the classics," namely Ninja Scroll, Vampire Hunter D, Akira, Armitage III, etc.

Also, two more sites for the links column: brianstorms weblog and the excellent and world famous (check out the Technorati on the site) Will Wheaton Dot Net. (Btw, he's right -- "50,000 monkeys at 50,000 typewriters can't be wrong.")