Tuesday, August 24, 2004

AvP: Whoever Wins, You Lose

Just got back from seeing Alien Vs. Predator at the local theatre. Written and directed by Paul W.S. Anderson (who directed Event Horizon and wrote, directed and produced Resident Evil). Starring Sanaa Lathan and Lance Henriksen (whom, in an interesting twist, you may recognize as Bishop from Aliens).

The movie. Not bad. About what I expected but better. In all honesty, I'd watch it again. It didn't wow me but it also didn't make me roll my eyes. So I say kudos. Not the best but not the worst. I'm not sure what else to say. This is one of those movies where if you're gonna see it, you'll see it. Else you won't. If you do go see it, I'm just saying it's not a waste by any stretch.

ALAN'S MOVIE RATING: Matinee-worthy if you'll like it. I'd try to avoid full-price admission.