Sunday, October 24, 2004

A Haunted Hayride of Madness!

On Friday night, I went on a WLSA (Women Law Student Assoc.) trip to a Haunted Hayride in Simsbury. It was a good 30 minute drive and the last 4 miles were down a questionable, country-like road in the woods of Simsbury, but we ultimately arrived at Flamig Farm (see link above).

The Hayride was quite enjoyable! I didn't find it to be very scary but I was probably in the minority, judging from the screams around me. Of the 20-25 people who went, much less than half, probably 6-9 of the people, were guys. The rest were all women. Hence the screaming when anything jumped out at the cart or such. It was a well-done Haunted Hayride with all sorts of spooks and creatures, ranging from vampires to home surgery to a chainsaw-wielding mass murderer to clowns. (Who isn't afraid of clowns?) The ride was also moderately long, you certainly get your money's worth.

So if you're interested, I say give it a shot. Only if you're a guy, I recommend going with some women. It makes it much more interesting and fun when you have people reacting around you (i.e. screaming, shrieking, sitting in the middle of the cart...). T'was a fun time!