Yeah, all the stars drip down like butter,
Promises are sweet,
We hold out our pans, lift our hands to catch them.
We eat them up, drink them up, up, up, up
- The Story: Boston police blow up traffic counter chained to lightpost (BB). Boston police prove, once again, that if it's electronic and
could be mistaken for a bombunknown, it must be a terrorist attack.
- The Good, The Bad & The Not-So-Ugly: Bloggers Immune From Suits Against Commenters (/.); Man dies after 'marathon' online session (CNN); DIY cocktail umbrellas (BB).
- The Somewhat Amusing: indexed & The Three Fates (background); UserFriendly 42 Reference (3/01/07).
- The Artists to Add: Nebulaskin (DA) (Flikr) (from Warren Ellis); Claire Hummel (DA) (from Scott Kurtz of PvP); Jeffrey Scott (from BB); Symon Chow (from BB).
- The Things to Read, Watch & Hear: Warren Ellis' Second Life Columns; Dark Roasted Blend – cool articles, pics 'n more; RevolutionSF – SF stories; "We See Things Differently" – a story by Bruce Sterling; Hi-Fructose, Vol 4 (BB); BoingBoingBoing podcast 10: Bonnie Burton, Star Wars fandom (BB); First sci fi film retracked online: Voyage dans la lune, 1902 (BB); Recommended Tarzan graphic novels (from Tycho of PA); "Politics and the English Language" by George Orwell (from Guy Kawasaki).
- The Shopping: Release The Freaks – a commercial site with character art (weird toys/figures/etc.) (from Warren Ellis); Forbidden Planet International - comic-y store; The Mr. Hell Show – DVD out on April 2 (Wikipedia) (from gapingvoid).
- The Gratuitous WoW Links: a World of Warcraft cake (BB); a 35/5/21 Warrior Spec to keep in mind.
"Careful. We don't want to learn from this." -- Bill Watterson (Calvin and Hobbes)
Bimbette #1: Would you ever eat snow?Two:
Bimbette #2: I dunno. Would you?
Bimbette #1: Well, imagine if you were really thirsty and in the desert and there's a whole bunch of snow...
Female coworker hearing drilling from another part of the building: What is that noise?
Male coworker: A brontosaurus.
Female coworker: What?!
This Week in Miscelleny I
This Week in Miscellany II
This Week in Miscellany III
This Week in Miscellany IV
This Week in Miscellany V
This Week in Miscelleny VI (there is no VI)
This Week in Miscellany VII
This Week in Miscellany VIII
This Week in Miscellany IX
This Week in Miscellany X