Tuesday, February 20, 2007

This Week in Miscellany IX

This Week's Anthems: "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash; "Falling in Love" by Lisa Loeb


Miscellaneous Miscellany:


Quotes:

"Valentine's Day: Because love isn't quite complicated enough as it is." -- xkcd (2/14/06)

"I Death Coil mages, and not because I have to, but because I can." -- Kjarne, Ursin Server (Official WoW Warlock Forum)

"You should generally not put a warlock in heroic mode, as the maximum raid size of 40 members will be unlikely to defeat him." -- Dellevin, Chromaggus Server (Official WoW Warlock Forum)



Overheards:

Overheard 1:
Chick: A new day, another dollar. A new day, another dollar. A new day, another dollar. As long as I have my smoothie, I'm okay. Smoothie -- okay. No smoothie -- not okay.
Two:
Frustrated employee to dim coworker: If you'd stop being an idiot I wouldn't have to hate you anymore.
Three:
Coworker: You know, they really need to make more Queen Latifah movies.
Four:
Patron: Ummm, I'm looking for a book.

Librarian: Okay, well, do you know what it's called?

Patron: No.

Librarian: Do you know who wrote it?

Patron: No.

Librarian: Are you just hoping that we have some sort of book?

Patron: Yeah.

Librarian: You know you're in a fuckin' library, right?


Old Miscellany:

This Week in Miscelleny I
This Week in Miscellany II
This Week in Miscellany III
This Week in Miscellany IV
This Week in Miscellany V
This Week in Miscelleny VI (there is no VI)
This Week in Miscellany VII
This Week in Miscellany VIII