- If you missed this news item from Wednesday, you missed a good one. LED ad campaign ignites terrorism scare in Boston (BB). See also news posts at Daily Kos, Engadget and Universal Hub. If you're curious, the ad campaign is/was for the upcoming Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie.
- RStevens of Diesel Sweeties led me to a post over at Warren Ellis' Blog linking to an interview with W.E. about his upcoming book. Based on works of his I've read (comic books, graphic novels), I have a lot of faith that his book will be well worth a read.
- Succumb to Google paranoia or perish. When Being a Verb is Not Enough: Google wants to be YOUR Internet (PBS).
- Misc. story links: Jewish porno can't use kosher symbol, says upset Rabbi (BB); Sleeping pill causes "inappropriate or strange automatic behaviour" (namely Ambien; BB); How To Start A War (Daily Kos); The Last Question by Isaac Asimov (a short story).
- Misc. links: The Imaginary Foundation (think tank with cool t-shirts); Goth zen (BB); BEASTS! a comix bestiary of cryptids (BB); Powder turns bathwater into thick slime; Main Contenders for 2008 Election; 2007 Web Cartoonists' Choice Awards; 2007 Bloggies; Akaida (a web comic, currently on hiatus); art links (Begoths.com); 1938 Media.
- Gratuitous WoW link: WoW Dungeon Keys.
Law of probability: The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.
Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
-- Jandon of Lightbringer (WoW Paladin Forum)
Cube worker #1: I think I found the secret project.Two:
Cube worker #2: Mine?
Cube worker #1: You have a secret project?
Cube worker #2: Uh, no.
IT guy #1: What is boxing day, anyway?Three:
IT guy #2: Well, I Wikipedia-ed it and could only gather that it either has to do with killing birds, beating up servant girls, or selling off Christmas stuff nobody wants.
Man to female coworker: I don't think you understand -- you brought in fried chicken for us. This gesture is a little more serious than, 'I can tolerate your presence,' and quite honestly, I'm not sure if I'm ready to take our relationship to that level.
This Week in Miscelleny I
This Week in Miscellany II
This Week in Miscellany III
This Week in Miscellany IV
This Week in Miscellany V
This Week in Miscelleny VI (there is no VI)