Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Return of Movie.girl

Last night, I received a phone call from movie.girl (most recently mentioned back in November, and before that as "O" or "The Girl" elsewhere in the archives). When last we met, she was engaged to mr.fiancé with a Spring wedding in the works (and he had just moved in with her). The background for the before-mr.fiancé times is relatively simple. Movie.girl had previously been engaged and subsequently canceled the wedding.

So what happened this time? You got it. She broke off the engagement with mr.fiancé. (No additional details to be related here.)

It's almost funny (in a "gee, that's a little odd" sort of way). She and I often end up reconnecting after she breaks off an engagement. This has happened more than once.

So I'm meeting up with her on Wednesday night to go catch an Imax showing of 300. (Yes, a review is forthcoming.)

It all feels a bit.. odd. She and I get along famously. We ended up speaking on the phone for about 1.5 hours last night.

I was going to write more but then I started scrolling through the Oct. 2004 archives linked above, lost my train of thought and ran out of time. *shrug*