Friday, June 29, 2007

The Lawyer - Date #2

Hot on the heels of Tuesday night's Date #1, I met up with The Lawyer earlier tonight for Date #2.

She called me around 11:20am and we planned on dinner (sushi). She called me back around 4-4:15pm and asked if I was interested in some circus show in New Haven. I said sure and we moved sushi up to 5:30pm to catch the 7pm show.

Met up for sushi in Milford. She drove us up to New Haven for The Big Apple Circus, a weird one-ring circus show that hearkens back to the turn of the century. Odd acts but very entertaining. On the way back, we stopped at a strange, nearly-empty carnival outside the former-Connecticut Post Mall in Milford. Then we said goodnight around 9:50pm or so.

It was a thoroughly fun time. We both laughed quite a lot. I can make her laugh rather easily and she fires it right back. It's just plain fun. There was almost no awkwardness, no awkward breaks in conversation, almost no breaks at all.

It ended kind of awkwardly. I probably should have kissed her. I know it ended earlyish but I was fading anyways. Long day. I think this one scares me because I don't know what I want and, hence, what to do. I don't know if I want this and I think I'm scared to make any decision (not that one has to be made right now, but all the same). Could also just be me being me. I am awful about these things.

I suspect a third date will be forthcoming. If her sister doesn't come back from college, maybe we'll meet up on Sunday. If not then, I'm sure we'll get together next week. I just wish I knew what I wanted.