Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Sunday Morning Report

Yesterday I hung out with movie.girl.. until 1am. We watched Josie and the Pussycats which was a surprisingly decent movie, possibly even good. We also just talked at great length. T'was fun, though I probably should have left sooner and gotten to sleep earlier than 2am. Ugh.

Incidentally, she gave me some advice about the living-at-home thing. I suspect that not following her advice will only be detrimental to my dating.

One thing she did for which I am not appreciative is that at 12:30am, when I was fading fast, she started digging at me, asking what I'm passionate about and what my goals are, providing the counter-example of her being very passionate about traveling and seeing new things.

I didn't have a good answer. Goals include marriage & children, but I've felt that I'm short one or two goals. I don't have any larger vision beyond the current situation and I never have. I've always tried not to let it bother me, but I can see how someone else (i.e., a date) might ask these questions and be unhappy with my answers.

So I think I need to solidify a vision of some sort. I have ideas but certainly nothing that's going to help me in 3 hours when I have coffee with 'the doctor.'

Last night, besides imbuing me with a minor headache, has also left me slightly less confident for today's coffee rendezvous. This is a *very* bad thing, one which I could have done without. I'll try to relax and regain some measure of the lost confidence, but I feel that may be beyond me for 3 hours' effort.

Other news - Another JDate connection! I'm having dinner with a lawyer on Tuesday night. I'll have to see how that goes.

Anyways, time to go. Must do my homework, as in rereading correspondence and printing out directions/a map. I'll try to report back later tonight regarding my rendezvous with 'the doctor.'