Monday, December 18, 2006

Woodcuts of Ice Tea Bottles

One Overheard, Two Overheard.

"If we start restricting Miss USA’s right to party, the Taliban has won." -- Scott Adams, The Dilbert Blog (12/18/06)

3:41 PM – "The Dolphin's Cry" by Live (from the album The Distance To Here) just came on my iPod (shuffle mode) and sent shivers down my spine.

"Love will lead us, she will lead us. Can you hear the dolphin's cry? See the road rise up to meet us?"

An acoustic version of "Duvet" by Boa (from the album Twilight)? Very, very cool. Highlights the lead singer's vocals rather nicely. And you can hear some impressive guitar playing as sub-melodies and such.

"Who will save your soul?" Yeah, but does it need saving? And according to whose definition of "saving"? Great song, tough premise.

Let us speak briefly of hypotheticals. In a hypothetical law firm, my friend recently quit. I will not list reasons here but I will note that he did not give 2 weeks notice. He showed up that day, spoke with a partner that night, and he was done.

In another hypothetical law firm, from a friend at said firm I recently learned that there may be a sexual harassment lawsuit on the horizons due to questionable conduct from an associate towards a secretary there. My friend mentioned the word "e-mails" which begs the question why someone would send anything even remotely sexually suggestive by e-mail to anyone other than a good, good friend or S.O.

But diet Snapple Peach ice tea is this side of godliness. Or was that cleanliness? Or piousness? I forget now. It was certainly some –ess or other.

We're out of chocolate in our kitchen goodies at work. This is a travesty of the worst kind.

Aaaaaand I'm done for today.