Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I know

...that I said I'd cool off with the daily posting but... well, even though the bar for posting has been raised (ever so slightly), I'm still going to post things I'd like to have a chance to look at later or things I'd like to add to other parts of this place.

"You are a man too lazy to fail" -- Kristine Blauser Scalzi (courtesy of Dylan)

"Your insolent mind will never rule this world!" -- Athena Scalzi (courtesy of Dylan)

"NO MERCY" -- A staff member from my firm (also a phrase I would like to see printed on a bumper sticker)

A Sherlock Holmes Game that apparently crosses mystery-solving with Cthulhu.

And an Overheard that had me laughing hysterically. It's almost difficult to believe that such people exist.

By the by, I retook the eHarmony test. Lo and behold, I am not completely unmatchable by their 27-point (?) system. Even so, I have reserved consideration as to whether or not I'm actually going to pay them and fully sign up. I'm just a little bit dubious over the change in eligibility from my first test to the second.

It reminds me of the time I took an over-the-phone multiple choice test to work at FYE (an entertainment store with CDs, DVDs, videos, action figures, etc.) in the Trumbull Mall. (It was required as part of the employment inquiry.) In true irony, I actually failed the test. I was probably too honest when they asked questions like "Have you ever lied?" or such. Honestly (hah hah!), the test was worthless. Anyways, my parents made a small stink about it and I was given a second opportunity to take the screening test, this time having received admonitions from my parents that I should try to give answers I thought the system was looking for as opposed to honest answers. The second time around I passed the test. Needless to say, I didn't get a job there regardless. (I ended up working for K.B. Toys, also in the Trumbull Mall.)

I don't know if it's that eHarmony changed something the second time or that I varied my answers substantially from the first time. And if the latter, does that invalidate either taking of the compatibility test thingamajig? *sigh* Doubt creeps in.

Tonight is night 5 of Channukah (my preferred spelling). Probably my least-favorite spelling is the intentionally-off "Chanookah." Some of my fraternity brothers thought that spelling made for mild entertainment on party flyers. Whatever.

Y'know, I should consider scanning in some of my old fraternity party announcements to post here. I'm rather proud of the ones I did. Full color, cool graphics, and what I like to think is some artistic style or consideration. I swear, in another lifetime, I was a successful artist.

...Alright. A teaser that I have a Match.com story developing (possibly). Or it's over already, I can't rightly tell which. It depends if she continues the e-mail "conversation." Oh bollocks, I'll just write it quick. Remember that Match.com mail that incited me to sign-up? She and I exchanged photos yesterday. It sounded like we would continue e-mailing. Guess we'll see.

In the meantime, I really need to get better/more recent photos. Probably won't get to that until later on, though. I'll likely need/want help from a friend at least in managing the camera-end of things.

Cheers!