Tuesday, December 19, 2006

iPod on Shuffle Mode I

1:21 PM
"It's Alright, It's OK" by Leah Andreone

"Seven deadly sins, seize the hour seize the day."

Easily one of my favorite lines from all songs.

~//~//~//~

2:07 PM
"Running" by No Doubt

This is one of my favorite songs. When I first heard it, I would listen to it incessantly for car rides to and from wherever.

"Don't let me fall out of love"

I remember reading Bono opine on what makes a good love song. One of those love-themed numbers that really captures something. One part of his answer was that it had to be bittersweet in some respect. I think he referred to U2's "The Sweetest Thing" by example. "Running" reminds me of this as it is hopeful and love-entwined but just a little troubled by an injection of doubt. Lines like "Do you think we'll make it?" and "Keep holding my hand so we don't get separated." are a little bitter, a little wondering whether it will hold. And that is the essence of bittersweet – a song that could be too sappy and otherwise ignored, except for the tinge of bitterness that brings a great flavor.

I love it.

~//~//~//~

2:15 PM
"Push" by Matchbox Twenty

Just another great tune from one of my favorite albums (Yourself Or Someone Like You).

~//~//~//~

2:39 PM
"You" by Breaking Benjamin

A good beat – slower at times but electric and still powerful. I would classify this song as more mellow than other "heavy" music I occasionally listen to.

"Promise me you'll try to leave it all behind..."

~//~//~//~

3:04 PM
Music tends to get me working faster and working happier. Truly.

"Who Are You" by The Who just came on. My toes are tapping.

~//~//~//~

3:10 PM
"Little Sister" by Jewel

"We've got to start feeding our souls..."

"My little sister is a zombie in a body..."

A calm acoustic gem.

~//~//~//~

3:13 PM
"Too Far Gone" by Sixpence None The Richer

"Why do I do this to myself, there's really no one else to blame. So could you reach down and pull me out or am I just too far gone to be saved, or am I just too far gone to be saved..."

~//~//~//~

3:35 PM
"Bleed Like Me" by Garbage

I've commented on this one before. Such excellent lyrics.

"Hey baby, can you bleed like me?"

~//~//~//~

3:58 PM
"Du Hast" by Rammstein

"Du. Du Hast. Du Hast Mich."

Mmmm... German industrial music. So gripping.


(No other thought-provoking music came on thereafter to provoke additional responses.)