Friday, July 29, 2005

The Island! Which Island? TheIsland!!!

I saw The Island this afternoon. It didn't do all that much for me. The plot was thin, somewhat predictable, didn't really go anywhere. If I told you to predict the end of the movie, you would be spot on with your first guess. Nice special effects though and Ewan McGregor and Scarlet Johansson were excellent.

Haven't been up to much today. Tonight I'm going to a friend's party. There will likely be actuaries and lawyers mixin' it up tonight. It's going to be a Big Lebowski Party. Something like we're supposed to have a white russian every time The Dude has a sip of a drink. Don't know how long I'll hang out there, I'm pretty tired. Someone was calling me at 9:30am. *groan* 'Least I got a haircut today.

I'm continuing my ponderances (pondering? ponderosa? pond?). I thought of a refinement to the idea. Spend some time working & living at home first to build up some starting capital. Plus there are 2 weddings in October that I'm going to. If I do this, however, I'll want the work to be non-lawyer so it doesn't hurt me professionally if and when I leave early to cross the waters and start anew. I'm really liking the idea though.