Tuesday, October 31, 2006

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Woot for All Hallows' Eve!

Don't miss today's seasonal Google doodle! (Available here after the 31st.)

The carousel goes round and round... just like my thought process. [Former title consideration + post starter.]

Brad Guigar of Evil. Inc. called attention to Gail Simone and Secret Six. I'm not familiar with Gail Simone or Secret Six but I'd like to look into them in the future.

Apparently, Final Fantasy XII came out today in the states. That may merit a stop by the mall. I like most FF games, notably FF7 and FFX. (Never did FF8, didn't like the cartoon style or the skill system of FF9, didn't like the garment system of FFX-2.) This could be bad on so many levels. (And yet oh so good.)

Not quite worthy of the quotes page but deserving of a mention & a nod here, Scott Adams had some fun things to say today. Initially he had me at "snake-dancing simpletons," but then I read on:
...Then during the period between the election and the impending Rapture, that traditionally elected President will get busy protecting the lives of stem cells while finding creative ways to blow the living crap out of anything that has the audacity to grow up and turn brownish.

The important thing with democracy – and this has always been the case – is that the citizens a) Believe the election result is based on the common sense and voting rights of the citizens, and b) Have enough handguns to wax any politicians who gets too seriously out of line (also known as a “check and balance”).

And here the definition of “seriously out of line” would not include humping interns and stealing from taxpayers. Those things should be allowed, even encouraged, so we can attract the most capable candidates from private industry.

Call me an optimist, but electronic voting machines make me feel good about my country.

Is it too late to start selling bumper stickers that say "I think I voted"?
I want one of those bumper stickers! (Not that I actually put bumper stickers on my car but it's the principle of the thing, y'know?)

Lastly, today's Indexed chart. I will likely end up putting a link to his on the 'About Me' page. Why? My birthday is April 15. (And yet the chart/comic is still equally applicable.)

Oops, one more note – Time Spiral came out for MTGO yesterday. I've already dropped some good coin into the new cards but I don't honestly regret it. It's a fun game and I got some decent cards to play with. I will likely be "donating" more coin to the enterprise shortly. If I were willing to be smarter, I would wait a week or two then do some rare-drafting but, alas, I am impatient.