Sunday, October 29, 2006

Feral Random Halloween 40 Action Gezunheit

Okay, I probably need to stop obsessing over this and/or providing daily updates. I'll endeavor to do so (excepting notice of an actual reply) even though I had this great blog post planned about losing all hope and going to live with feral squirrels instead. Only it's doubtful that squirrels would be very accepting of me so instead I shall drown my meager sorrows with a Dunkin' Donuts iced latte. Yep, that was pretty much the gist of it. Although I do have literary aspirations (though no serious hope that this blog will fulfill said aspirations), I do not think I shall be missing my chance at a Pulitzer for failing to produce a full post relating to feral squirrels. (Oddly enough, I can be this random in real life and often I am. Randomness is the spice of pumpkin donuts.)

I like that last line: Randomness is the spice of pumpkin donuts. Mmmmm.. pumpkin donuts... Though I did have an orange-frosted donut with sprinkles this morning. I think it was somewhat pumpkin-flavored.

By the way, I pwnzored in tennis yesterday morning.

And I briefly played WoW last night, just took my Paladin to Baron Strat in a PUG (pick-up group). A little light-hearted fun.

Time Spiral comes out for MTGO tomorrow (Oct. 30). I dig MTGO even if it does suck a good sum of coin from my wallet. I like the game and I like having access to playing that game whenever I want. Imo, more fun than the real life version just for accessibility alone.

I'm at work today, hoping to get in some more billables before the end of the month. I'm behind this month, primarily due to extra days off and my wedding trip (which you will get a post about - I swear).

Much as last year, I have absolutely no plans for Halloween this year. I have no local friends these days. Consequently, I have no social life. Really bites.

Scott Adams, Dilbert creator and author, writes a blog (which will soon be linked in my revised sidebar). One thing he mentioned a week or two ago was his practice of daily affirmations. I'm not sure whether I believe in its presumptive "power" or not but I do believe that it likely helps one to focus on goals and better pursue them. I'm tempted to make one goal of mine be to not spend New Years or Valentine's Day alone again. Excepting the extremely rare New Years that I spent with friends, I have yet to spend a New Years or Valentine's Day with a significant other. T'would be a nice change if I could somehow manage it. Maybe I'll try that affirmations thing (writing your goal(s) 15 times every day).

By the way, and rounding back to point #1 of this post, if I don't hear from girl1 in the next few days, I think I shall send one or more messages to others. I'm lonely, I'm desperate, I'm not very proud - what have I got to lose, right?

Also by the way, I watched the second hour of The 40-Year-Old Virgin last night. Absolutely hysterical! I loved it! I'll have to get that on DVD sometime. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend that you do. One eery similarity between me and Steve Carell's character: the action figures. I was almost yelling at the movie when he was packaging them up to sell. If you collect action figures, you just don't do that! You don't sell them! After all, what's a collection if you don't have anything in it? (Hint: It's not a collection.) Yeah, I wouldn't sell any of my action figures, though mine aren't worth a tenth of what Steve Carell's were worth so it's easy for me to say that.

Yeah, I need to pull the action figures bit off my dating profile. I was trying to paint myself as a pseudo-geek though I think that bit pushed it off the edge into full-blown geekdom. Gah.

If it isn't abundantly clear by now, I have no idea what I'm doing.

And this post has run its course. Tune in tomorrow for another exciting episode of: "What the Hell was that?" Until then, goodnight, godbless and gezundheit!

ADDENDUM: I'm having problems posting this, as many other bloggers are, due to some 001 javascript error with Blogger. Thus, this post may not actually see the light of your computer screen until a subsequent date. Somehow I don't think this will affect your daily life nor my musings on squirrels. [12:37 PM]

ADDENDUM II: Oddly enough, the drafting and attempted posting of the first Addendum resulted in actual posting. Thus my Addendum I has been thwarted. THWARTED!!! KHAAAAAAAANNN!!! [12:38 PM]

ADDENDUM III: And yet, my attempted posting of Addendum II resulted in the same 001 javascript error. Methinks the internet gods doth joke at my expense. *sigh* I am un-thwarted, much to my own detriment. [12:40 PM]

P.S. No more Addendums about this thing. It posts or it doesn't. Yeesh.