Friday, April 01, 2005

The Past 24 Hours Or So..

..have been odder than usual.

But not much.

I routinely go to sleep late, often between 1 and 2 am or so, rarely before midnight. Last night I tried to go to bed around 2am or so. Only I couldn't fall asleep. For some reason, somehow, and even though I've never had this happen like this before, I couldn't fall asleep. I lay awake in bed for over 1.5 hours. I suspect that I eventually fell asleep for an hour or two (at most) before I woke at 7:30am.

I was supposed to go into work today. Needless to say, I did not. I could not. I know my body moderately well if not very well. I was going to crash. Crash I did, on the sofa, from 10am to 2pm. Out like a light. And back to a 'normal' schedule now, or so I hope. So I hope.

I played my computer game until 5:30pm. During that time I got a phone call. A good phone call. One from The Girl. And as a result, I shall be seeing the musical Oklahoma with her on Sunday. And getting dinner. [time lapse] And I just got off the phone after speaking with her tonight for an hour.

Also, earlier tonight I saw Sin City at the movie theater. I'll post a review tomorrow. Suffice to say I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. If the preview(s) appeals to you, go see it. It's very gritty and very comic book-like but nicely done. More on that tomorrow.

Also, the Battlestar Galactica Season Finale was tonight. It was okay. The requisite surprise ending of course, but otherwise like usual. Nothing too great or too shocking.

Enough for now. More tomorrow I hope. Unless I get to doing school work. Or playing my game. Or long phone conversations with The Girl. Then all promises are off. Except I haven't made any promises so I wouldn't break them to y'all. Hah. Suck on that! Or don't.