Friday, March 11, 2005

Just in case..

..anyone was wondering about that copyright question I posed last week ("Does knowingly linking to an infringing web page without identifying the work or its author (still) count as[/for] contributory liability?"), I found a law review article directly on point. Stacey L. Dogan, INFRINGEMENT ONCE REMOVED: THE PERILS OF HYPERLINKING TO INFRINGING CONTENT, 87 Iowa L. Rev. 829 (2002). Looks like she argues for a case-by-case determination. If that were the response, I hope that by not explicitly mentioning the work I am either mitigating, ameliorating or vaporizing any liability I incur in providing the link. So there.

ADDENDUM: Because my e-mail account is nearly locked out (I can still receive though not send), a mental note (or, more accurately, a citation) for my Copyright paper on the Music Industry: 17 Harv. J.L. & Tech. 1 (2003). [1:16 PM]