Tuesday, March 04, 2008

A Tuesday

Yesterday, my boss came into my office (as he often does, once a day) to check on my docket printout for the day. He mentioned a few items, and I had good answers for all of them. That felt good.

Today, same thing, only the single item on my docket is an overdue office action. My response: "I've got office actions up the wazoo. I'm working on it." Yeah, not nearly as good an answer.

Today, my attention span feels stunted again. Slow to begin work, hard to stay focused. I'll easily hit 5 billables, but I really need to be hitting 7+. Not good.

Some days it just feels like hitting 7 is very difficult for me. I don't know why. I've wasted at least 1:30 today unnecessarily, getting sidetracked and such. So not good. I had a brief period of good focus, but now--POOF!

Part of it may be my sleep habits? I need to get more sleep at nights. Lately I've been living on 6 hours. I keep thinking I'll go to bed at 10pm, but it hasn't happened yet.

Well, 5:50 today. I got 2 overdue office action drafts out so that's good. Not enough (ha ha), but good. I'd continue with more only it's 6:34pm, I'm a bit tired and my concentration is shot to shit.

Today at least, I hate my job. We'll see what tomorrow brings.