Friday, February 04, 2005

A (Future) Wedding To Remember

Yesterday I ran into a friend, let's call her "Red," in the carpark at the law school. She and I rarely hang out or such but I see her from time to time. In the course of hello's and how-are-you's, she mentioned an idea she'd come up with for one of the weddings I will attend this upcoming Fall (as previously noted). Point in fact, it's Captain Kate's wedding. Well, Red had seen The Captain recently and Red had suggested that perhaps she & I could go to the wedding together (i.e. as each other's date), saving The Captain some amount of money and saving each of us from having to locate, wrangle into submission, hogtie and bring a date to the wedding. Red proposed the idea to me and I, of course, said sure.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this. Guess I just wanted to put it out there because it was a little odd. Not to say strange per se but unusual and a bit unexpected. Red's pretty cool though so I can't say this is something I wouldn't expect from her (or, without the double negative, this is par for her). I suppose it'll help make The Captain's wedding even more fun and entertaining (I was planning on getting completely and utterly smashed at it anyways). So it is pretty cool and I'm kind of glad I don't have to think about getting a date for the wedding. (Previous incident here.) All in all, should be a fun time!