Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Crash & Burn, Baby!

That's me today. Only 2-3 hours sleep. No connection with my WoW game-playing. None at all. Period. No, seriously, would I stay up way too late playing my stupid game? WOULD I? Yeah, that's what I thought.

So I'm sitting in my 9-12 Right to Privacy class, mildly awake. Oh, did I mention I'm on call today? That's one of the reasons for so little sleep. I woke up early to do some/most of the reading. Being on call in this seminar isn't all that bad. It's not like I'm standing in front of the firing squad. Rather, I could reasonably expect the prof. to possibly ask me questions about the cases. I think I'm also expected to help try and fill some of the lulls that follow his questions.

I volunteered for the first case since I know I can talk about it a bit. Not going too badly. There may be hope yet... if my luck doesn't run out.

ADDENDUM: One hour left to go in class! Hope springs eternal! [10:56 AM]

ADDENDUM II: My prof. just spent a few minutes detailing Episode 6 of the Original Star Trek Series so he could draw an analogy with Katz v. U.S., 389 U.S. 347 (1967). He's also talking about Chess v. Poker, Newton v. Einstein, and Ptolemy v. Copernicus. Paradigm shifts. This guy rocks! [11:40 AM]