Thursday, June 16, 2005

The Fox "News" Channel

Early this morning (Wed. morning), I was going through my usual morning ritual of watching BTVS (Buffy The Vampire Slayer for the uninitiated). I accidentally flipped to Fox News. See, Fox News is channel 34 and FX is 33 with all its Buffy-goodness. (Mmmmm... Buffy...) Fox News has a morning show, surprise surprise. There were 3 hosts sitting around, smiling, talking amongst themselves.

They were discussing what instrument one of the hosts' children (a 4th-grader) should take up.

Yes, you read that correctly. They discussed the clarinet. They discussed the tuba. The french horn. The drums. The saxophone. The trumpet. The oboe. The piccolo. Then of course, after discussing it for a few minutes, that host had to run off camera to call up his son and make a suggestion (trumpet I believe).

Does anyone else see something.. odd here? A nationally-shown news channel, their morning show, at approximately 7:30 in the morning EST.

And that is why I shall henceforth refer to it as The Fox "News" Channel. I may not know what's going on in the world today, but I damn well know which instrument the host's son should take up! (And in the end, isn't that what really counts?)