Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Tales of Late Night Work

October 8-9, 2007:

10:45pm - I am at work. Again. Broke for dinner and two hours of tv (Chuck and Heroes). I have a provisional to finish and possibly something else to do. My vision is slightly blurry and I estimate 1.5-2 hours of work for the first item. I begin (again).

11:20pm - This is going to take longer than I thought. Not good. Not good at all.

11:28pm - Plain-language claims done. Lots left to do but it's mostly brainless, fill-in-the-blank sorts of things. Tick, tick, tick...

11:53pm - I am sinking beneath a sea of something.. probably alliteration (or insanity).

12:38am - Only 3 method figures to go.. and sending the damned thing. This is taking more than the 2 hours I anticipated (but not too much more).

12:47am - Done drafting. Remaining: Print, scan, print, draft e-mail, send.

1:14am - Sent! Woot! Very brief break then on to the next task!

1:34am - Break over.

2:01am - Going strong on second task. Vision a little blurry. I think I may have a vague idea of what I'm doing.

2:37am - Second task completed. Good thing, too. It had to go out asap.

2:43am - Done with misc. add'l things. Vision more blurry. Tired. Will go home and sleep for 6 hours now. *sigh*