Monday, July 02, 2007

Bye Bye To The Lawyer and The Doctor

(In that order even.)

Even though I'm sure this is wrong on a few levels, I'll post it anyways. Why? Because I want to. Because, as sad is it may be, the past 10 days have been among the most fun I've had in the past 2 years. Seriously.

And so, without further adieu, I present to you three JDate e-mails.

The first is from The Lawyer to me in response to a voicemail I left her earlier tonight:
Hi Alan,
I just got your message, thanks for your call. While I've enjoyed hanging out with you, I've realized that I'm not ready for dating just yet. As I had mentioned, I've only been on jdate for about 2 weeks. The reason is that I broke up with someone about 3 weeks ago whom I had been dating for quite a while, and I thought I was ready to jump right back in, but I'm not. I've taken my profile down and am going to lay low for a while. I wish you the best of luck with your search.
Best,
[The Lawyer]
The second is my reply:
I'm sorry to hear you say that. I've enjoyed hanging out with you too. It's been a lot of fun, truly.

If you'd like to hang out as friends, that'd be fine (he says with relatively little pretext). Or look me up when you're ready. I can appreciate that now may not be the best/right time for you.

It'd be a shame to meet someone as cool as you and never hear from you again. Even if it's as friends, please call/e-mail ([me]@gmail.com) sometime.

Cheers!

-- Alan
And the third is the e-mail I sent to The Doctor:
Hi [The Doctor],

It's been nice meeting you and hanging out, but I don't think we're a good match. I wish you the best of luck!

-- Alan
Honestly, I tried to think of more to say (to The Doctor) that wouldn't be a lie, but I couldn't. So I left it short. I'm also a little ashamed that I wimped out and did it by e-mail but obviously I'm not that ashamed.

The Lawyer one is somewhat interesting. (Maybe explains the weird vibe I got at the end of the second date?) I can't say as it doesn't sadden me a bit, but it was only two dates. *shrug* Like I said to someone recently, I tend to fall hard and fast. Which means it also tends to hurt a bit when things don't work out. But ah well, it's how I know I'm alive.

My friends are well acquainted with this (or should be). I'm also a minor spaz about dating so it tends to go hand in hand.

That said, if anyone (friends *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink*) has anyone they'd like to set me up with, please give me a call. My week is wiiiiiiide open.

(Edited for minor thing. 4/11/08)