Friday, July 13, 2007

Another Day, Another Something

Let's see...

The Lawless One's bachelor party is tomorrow in NYC. Should be an excellent time, plus one of our old law school friends (who I haven't seen in two years) will be there. There will be drinking. There will be frivolity. There will be strip clubs. Hopefully there won't be any arrests. Much fun will be had by all. Oh yes, much fun.

Forgive my lack of outright enthusiasm. I'm a little tired and hazy. A good night's sleep will cure this.

This past week, I spoke with a legal recruiter who called me (one of his people got my name from the PTO website?). There's a position for a firm in Stamford that he's trying to place. I have an interview on Wednesday morning. If it works out, it could mean a nice pay increase. However, I'm a little hesitant because: (a) I haven't been at my current firm for even two years; (b) my current firm trained me into the lean, mean, patent-writing machine I am; and (c) my current firm is short-staffed at the moment. We're down at least two patent agents/attorneys and we're overburdened by the work.

We'll see what comes of this. Honestly, I can go either way. If it works out, great. If not, no big deal.