Thursday, September 28, 2006

Tennis

Just recently I've started to get back into playing tennis. There are two things you need to know for this: (1) I absolutely love tennis. (2) I am horribly out of shape.

For some reason, me and tennis click. I don't have a strong opinion on most other sports but I've loved tennis since I was a kid. I played it at summer camp, took lessons, I even went to a tennis camp in Williamstown, MA to improve! (I think I went there for 4-6 summers in a row!) I love the sport. I love watching it. I love playing it. I love everything about it. I'm also just a little bit passionate about it too, if you couldn't already tell.

I don't regularly exercise. I don't eat all that well though I try not to eat too much that's not-good. (Mmmm... three negatives in one sentence...) Since I had joint issues for the first 3-4 months of this year, I have a decent excuse for being a lazy bum. But I'm rather glad that I'm taking up something athletic. Tennis will definitely help me to get in better shape. Who knows, maybe I'll even shed some extra poundage!

A little less than two weeks ago, I gave a 1.5-hour tennis clinic a shot. As it turned out, the pro suggested I find a higher-level clinic. That one was 2.5 and apparently I play at a 3.0-3.5 level. What precisely those mean, I have no idea, other than that I had to find another clinic. So I did. I'm signed up for a 1-hour 3.0 clinic and I'll be attending it for the first time this weekend. I can hardly wait! If I weren't trying to get in some extra billables by the end of this month, I would totally ditch work and hit up the courts to practice my serving. As it is, after a longer-than-usual day I just don't feel like it.

*THWACK*