Saturday, October 01, 2005

Upon My Return

I got back today from the bachelor's party in NYC last night. Was a great time. The bachelor in question is a law school friend who I've known for ~2.5 years now. The party was rather small, consisting of the bachelor, his brother, 2 of their former college buddies and me. Very cool to meet college friends of the bachelor and hear numerous tales of debauchery and depravity.

I'd give more details about last night's fun only I know for a fact that the bachelor's fiancee reads this blog and I can't discuss with her what occurred. Sworn to secrecy, blood oath, etc. I will say that NYC can be a fun town for a bachelor party, even a rather low key one.

Anyways, when I got back home I learned that my grandfather (who's ~92 years old) sustained a fall this morning and fractured his hip. I'm going up to my grandparent's/aunt's tomorrow morning to help my aunt out. My grandfather (aka Opa) is going in for surgery early tomorrow morning - nothing too bad, pins and plates. Still, my aunt could use some help with Oma (aka my grandmother) and just things in general.

So don't be surprised (as if it would surprise you) if you don't hear from me for 5-7 days. I'll be up with Oma & Opa & my aunt, doing whatever I can.

So it goes.