Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Breakin' All The Rules

I'm breaking one of my rules right now - I'm posting from work. Okay, it's rather early and there are only 3 other people here right now, but I'd long ago made a rule not to post at work. Why? A few reasons. (1) To prevent discovery. I don't want anyone at work to be conscious of this thing. (2) I figure work is for working, not for posting. I haven't changed my view on those two points, I just want to post more often and early-morning at work is a good time for that.

I'm something of an early bird. These days I wake up around 5:30. Leave the house by 7:00 unless I'm running "late." Get to work around 7:00-7:30 or so. I'm not terribly sure why, other than I think it helps me get more hours in. Does it? Results are inconclusive at this time. Mind you I often stay up until midnight-12:30am playing my computer game.

Benjamin Franklin is quoted as saying: "Beer is proof that G-d loves us and wants us to be happy." Replace "beer" with "hazelnut coffee" and that's me in the morning. More on that some other time.

Now I have a donut to consume (vanilla-frosted with sprinkles). Oh sweet sugary goodness, transport me from the sunlit, sleepy morn to a place of slumber and contentment.. at least for a minute or two.

ADDENDUM: It looks like I've lost all the comments to previous posts. Not sure why. Maybe my Haloscan account/comments was inactive too long? *shrug* It's a shame but I'm not going to stress over it.

ADDENDUM II: Rather, it looks like there may have been a minor, temporary hiccup with Haloscan. Comments appear to be preserved, in place and accessible. Rejoice yon masses. Or repent. Whatever.