Thursday, March 15, 2007

A Late Night

Last night, I met up with movie.girl to go see 300 in an Imax theater.

First, it was definitely worth it to see 300 on an Imax screen. The picture and sound were much better than a normal screen. It was crazy! The level of detail you could see was simply astounding. I <3 Imax

First and a half, we had to catch the 10:05 because the 7:20 was full. On a friggin' Wednesday night, no less. Which in turn meant that I didn't get home until 1:30 AM. Ugh. Even so, definitely worth it. No regrets.

Second, the whole hanging out with movie.girl was just insanely fun. It was one of those things where you would kill for a first date like that... only it wasn't a date. And I have no intention to pursue a relationship with movie.girl. But the way we click is just, wow. No real breaks in the conversation. We both have some similar interests (e.g., movies). We both laugh at each other's jokes (similar sense of humor). We challenge each other at the right times, her calling my bullshit and me calling hers. We both find the interaction very entertaining. (Of course, I'm assuming the last but it's a pretty safe bet.) It's downright fun.

I've never written here why I won't pursue movie.girl and I don't think now is the time. (I'm a little afraid it could bite me in the ass down the road.) However, later tonight, I think I'll give The Lawless One a call and ask him to agree with me/convince me that I'm making a good decision here.

It's one of those things where I know my reasons for not going after her are entirely reasonable and sound, but we're so good together that it feels almost painful not to do anything.